Friday, June 26, 2015

Seattle, Washington

There's not much I can say about Seattle.  It's a great, progressive town with (when I have been here) beautiful weather and a giant thing called a Space Needle.  I never thought I would go up in that thing because I had no desire to (it looks like a big vomitorium to me).  But, I decided to be a tourist this time and go up in it.  I am SO glad I did.  The elevator ride up was minimalistically horrible, and at the top you get a view like no other!  It is BEAUTIFUL up there.









That's a very popular park called Gas Works Park.





The ferry into Seattle




This seaplane was SO close to the Needle


A garden on top of a parking garage.  I love this!


WOW!   What a view!





Around the Needle, the grounds are so beautiful!





Some Art in Public Places



There's more to Seattle than the Space Needle.  The public market seems to be the big place to hang out.  Anything you could ever want in life is there!  From flowers, to food, to coffee, to desserts, to trinkets, to anything - it's all there.  It's crowded and hard and expensive to park, but it's a fun place to go.  


My first stop on my first day here was, of course, my favorite place in Seattle ~ The Crumpet Shop.  And, I was met with a sign that said "CLOSED - OUT OF CRUMPETS."  Whaaaaat?!?!?  How can The Crumpet Shop be OUT of crumpets???  But, it worked out, I got my crumpet EARLY the next day; I wasn't leaving anything to chance!



Oh, come to mama!!!!!!!!!!!  You haven't truly lived until you've had a crumpet and tea from The Crumpet Shop!


Yeah, I gagged that down pretty quick!


The cut flowers at the market are so beautiful.




This place was particularly popular ...


... And, this is why!






I love the buildings in Seattle.




An old cobblestone street.






This was a very cool brewery.  It had an opened garage door, and you could sit outside or inside.  I loved the industrial feel to it.



I love the barstools!



Sidewalk chess in the park.  These guys were intense!


A memorial for firemen.  It was beautiful.




This triangular-shaped building in Fremont in Seattle was the Reciprocal Recording studio. It was booked up to 18 hours a day in the years between 1986 and 1991, with dozens of bands creating grunge music there. This is where Nirvana did its first demo session in 1988. Two songs from Nirvana's debut album Bleach were recorded here.  It's a really cool-looking building!


I saw this poor IBM Selectric typewriter in a trash bin.  I couldn't believe it.  It was a sad reminder that computers and phone devices are taking over the world.  I used to love typing on a Selectric; it was the cream of the crop in typewriters!


One of the things I love about Washington and Oregon are that they are very vegetarian friendly.  It's hard to not want to eat at every vegan place I walk past.  This place was called Veggie Grill ( http://veggiegrill.com/). This was a delicious vegan "chicken" sandwich with some vegan coleslaw.  SO GOOD!


Weed is legal in Washington.  You can walk into a store off the street and buy whatever you want.


And, if you don't know where a store is, you can get a handy-dandy Cannabis/Kush Guide that outlines for you where to buy weed!