Friday, June 12, 2015

FOOD CARTS! Oh yea! (Portland, Oregon)

I have to admit, being in Portland has been somewhat of a feeding frenzy for me.  I don't have a lot of good vegetarian/vegan restaurants in my own city, so when I go to ones who do have them, I go crazy.  Portland is that city.  There are move vegan restaurants here than anyplace I have ever been.  The only down side to it is that I didn't get to eat at all of them.  But, I did eat at many.  The second I arrived, I hit the food carts!

A must-do here in Portland is the Food Carts.  They are everywhere; every neighborhood, every street, everywhere.  And, the food is fantastic and cheap.  There are plenty of vegetarian ones, so those are the ones I ate at.

My first meal in Portland was at a food cart called Juniper.  OMG!  So delicious!  (http://www.juniperpdx.com/)




If you can't find something, anything, to eat at these food carts, then, you just are too picky.  There is something for everyone!








My second day was at a food cart called, Homegrown Smoker Vegan BBQ (homegrownsmoker.wordpress.com/) .  It was vegan BBQ ribs and hushpuppies.  I can't even describe the hushpuppies - sooooo good!!




I had a hard time choosing between the BBQ and this place (Native Bow), which was also vegan.  BBQ won!


I also ate at a place called Native Foods, not a food cart, but it was SO delicious!  (By the way, ALL this food isn't mine - some of the pics are of my friend's food!  I'm not THAT big of a glutton!)

Vegan "chicken" sandwich - DELICIOUS!



Ok, this was my friend's meal.  Vegan "bacon" double cheese "burger".  It was HUGE!