Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Roadtrip is Over

All good things must come to an end, and my roadtrip now has.   It was great while it lasted, but it's also always nice to come home.

I didn't make it to Glacier National Park (again!), because the Going to the Sun Road was still closed at the time I would have been there.  But, all was not lost ... instead, I stayed a few days in northern Washington near the Canadian border, and it was beautiful.  I also got to experience the beautiful San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington.  I'll see Glacier ... next time!

If I had to choose a couple of the best parts, it would have to be seeing the Great Sand Dunes in all their glory, then 10 minutes later covered in snow by a freak snow storm.


. . . 10 minutes later!


Also, I loved Portland, Oregon.  That's because I am a good eater, and I had my choice of many vegan food carts there.  I tried, but it was impossible to eat at them all - I'll be baaaack!


Buffalo in Yellowstone are always a thrill with their obvious kiss-my-ass attitude.


Sacajawea's grave on the Wind River Indian Reservation was very touching.  I wasn't headed there, but passed a sign along the road that pointed to her cemetery.  She was instrumental in the Lewis and Clark Expedition in 1805 - 1806, and I was honored to pay my respects.


Last, but not least, The Grand Tetons.  They are, indeed, grand!